Tuesday, 14 July 2009 Italian Vogue - Black Issue So I never had the chance to purchase the Italian Vogue dedicated to Black models and people. But through browsing the net I learned about the topic in that issue: celebrating blackness. For the first time an Italian Magazine was dedicating its issue to Blacks. That was history. All my life I've wondered when I was going to see a mainstream magazine featuring black models and media personality. I love my ethnicity and I had to renounce some of it to fit in, because sometimes it was difficult to relate to someone (most of the time I related due to some aspect of their personalities and not to their colour, but I was always happy to see a black models or actresses). I remember whe I cut a picture of a black girl and I attached to my bedside so that I can be slim like her; this shows how I wanted more black models to look up to. However, growing up all the ads and products around me were dedicated to White people (maybe it was bec...
Commentaires
Enregistrer un commentaire